Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Nostalgia & History > Fun With Black & White

Date: 07/08/05 12:51
Fun With Black & White
Author: GrandeGold

Rio Grande train #127 has a clean SD50 on the point just west of Provo, Utah. In about four additional miles the train will pass the giant steel mill at Geneva Works...

Date: 07/08/05 12:56
The RGZ Looks Good in B&W

Of course the RGZ looks great in color, but how about B&W? Here the train is departing the small town of Thistle, about 2.5 miles west of Rio crossovers. F9 #5771's interesting pilot, shaped similarly to that of an E-unit, was replaced out of need by the folks at Burnham after a collision with a dump truck destroyed the original beyond repair...

Date: 07/08/05 13:00
Midvale Tramp

The Midvale Tramp was a great place to catch GP30's from 1984 through 1994. Here's the 3015, 3003, and 3007 hauling loads of slag ballast through dry wheat fields south of Kearns on the Garfield Branch...

Date: 07/08/05 13:00
Re: Fun With Black & White
Author: NormSchultze

Grande
Are these original B&W or are they color that has been photoshopped ? Fine things along the former D&RGW...

Date: 07/08/05 13:04
Parting Shot

If only photographs were able to replicate sound! The trio of F9's on train #17 in this image were smoking it up for the climb up Price River Canyon. The location is about two miles west of the station stop at Helper during the spring of 1977.

WOW the Rio Grande Zephyr was a fun train to hear to watch and to photograph. Sure do miss the old Rio Grande and in particular the RGZ!!!

James

Date: 07/08/05 13:08

NormSchultze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grande
> Are these original B&W or are they color that
> has been photoshopped ?

They are conversions from full color scans. I find that the D&RGW gold paint converts well to B&W, at least with my software Color-It. I have problems converting the color red, however. It manages to convert to a muddy gray.

James

Date: 07/08/05 13:21
Author: NH2006

Hey GrandeGrey (see http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,955275,955281#msg-955281)-

Do have another shot of the Minturn Tramp GP30s...? Cool stuff, none of my shots today look better in B&W...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds