Home Open Account Help 159 users online

Nostalgia & History > Colorado RR Museum this Friday

Date: 07/19/05 14:05
Colorado RR Museum this Friday
Author: CPB284

Friday night (7/22) the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will be hosting a fundraiser from 6-8pm.

The fundraiser will feature a wine & cheese tasting, a silent auction, and narrow gauge train rides. The focus of the fundraiser will be the restoration of Santa Fe Budd Observation Car Navajo. The Navajo has been at the museum for many years and was donated by the Intermountain Chapter NRHS. All of the money raised will go to the restoration of the Navajo and other projects at the museum. The narrow gauge train will be operated using equipment of the Georgetown Loop RR Inc. (former Loop operator). Don't know if it will be steam powered, although driving by the museum today, I saw 2-8-0 #40 in the roundhouse. The event is being sponsored by Foss General Store in Golden. Tickets are $25 in advance, $20 for non-drinkers, and $30 at the door. IDs will be checked, and local law enforcement will likely be present, so drink responsibly. Besides, you wouldn't want to chase the UP doubleheader in the morning with a hangover. I don't know if there are a lot of wine drinkers on TO, but it should be a fun event, and it will help restore a beautiful passenger car.

For more information check out www.crrm.org

Date: 07/19/05 14:37
Re: Colorado RR Museum this Friday
Author: NormSchultze

Those of us who enjoy the grape are known in some circles as "wineaux". Plural.

Date: 07/21/05 11:49
Golden City Brewery
Author: DWDebs/2472

After visiting CRRM, visit "Golden's 2nd largest brewery", located in the historic homes area:
Golden City Brewery
920 12th Street
Golden, Colorado, 80401
phone: (303) 279-8092

It's nothing fancy - just some wooden picnic tables under big old trees, and excellent beer brewed in what appears to be a converted small nondescript house or garage.

I have no financial or otherwise association with the place; I'm just an enthusiastic customer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds