Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Canadian Railroads > Bridges

Date: 12/06/09 15:24
Bridges
Author: ontrail

Anyone who has photos of real RR bridges in Ontario please post some photos...I want to model some and all I can find are bridges in the US.
Is there anywhere that has dimensions/drawings..
Randy

Date: 12/06/09 15:59
Re: Bridges
Author: sooman1

Here are three images of the bridge at MP 27.3 Belleville sub on the CPR (west of Smiths Falls) the CP Xmas train is taken from the north side the other two are from the south side..

bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/09 16:00 by sooman1.

Date: 12/06/09 16:07

Cool...I was over that way a few years ago..we were east..I guess a should have gone west..
Thanks
Randy...
Anymore

Date: 12/06/09 16:12
Author: PHall

I wasn't aware that there was any kind of difference between Canadian civil engineering and Americian civil engineering.
The laws of physics don't stop at the border.

Date: 12/06/09 16:18

Actually.....I have travelled through the US...New York State..Virginia..and Ive been out west in the States...most of their bridges are done a lot heavier...At least thats my observation..If I can find a few photos in my archives Ill post them side by side similiar Cdn brides..
There was also an excellent web site a few years back...with bridges in the Mid Eastern States..not sure if its still around..
Randy

Date: 12/06/09 17:40
Author: sooman1

Ok Randy.. here are two more images of bridges in the Smiths Falls area.. 2816 on the Merrickville bridge and a CP red barn on the bridge at Almonte Ontario..

bob

Date: 12/06/09 17:44

I have attached three photos of bridges I have taken..

The first is at a town called Bala Ontario...A little farther above this CP girder bridge is a dam. The sluth is coming from a lake which is about 20 ft higher that the lower Lake..

The second is the CP bridge at Parry Sound Ontario..Here there is directional running as the CN main line basically runs below through Parry Sound...I have yet to get any photos of CN on this bridge...

The third is a Viaduct down in St.Marys Ontario..It use to be CN but now the GEXR leases the line...However Via still crosses the Viaduct..
Randy

Date: 12/06/09 17:48

Wow
Anymore from Almont?? That looks like its begging to be modelled. Thats what Im talking about!!
Thanks BOB..
Anyone else

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0528 seconds