Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Canadian Railroads > Couple days in BC.

Date: 08/27/10 21:45
Couple days in BC.
Author: ddavies

A couple days of pics from BC, Vancouver Island and trains along the Thompson River and Revelstoke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/10 11:15 by ddavies.

Date: 08/27/10 23:17
Re: Couple days in BC.
Author: Warwhoop

Nice. Three Valley Gap. Good place to get some colourful shots. I caught the Rocky Mountaineer coming out of the tunnel in June...

Date: 08/27/10 23:38
Author: RyanWilkerson

Dave,
The photos posted on your website are outstanding, especially for only a couple days of shooting. Thanks for posting them.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 08/28/10 09:39
Author: GP30Frank

I agree with Ryan's comments. You have a bunch of great shots on your site. Nothing quite like Canadian scenery!!

Date: 09/02/10 05:57
Author: rschonfelder

Warwhoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice. Three Valley Gap. Good place to get some
> colourful shots. I caught the Rocky Mountaineer
> coming out of the tunnel in June...

Actually, the photo is Clanwilliam. Three Valley Gap is across a lake but you are in the right area. The photographer has it all correct on his website link above.

I like your photos - an area that is a favourite for me. The trestle model that you had on your link is that of the first Mountain Creek Bridge. You can see the current version across the Beaver Valley if you would have continued through Rogers Pass. It is the first big bridge as the CPR travels westbound from the former Rogers Pusher Station on the original alignment with the "new" (1988) alignment below it.

What was the Revelstoke Model Railway club layout like? Apparently, the one in Salmon Arm is worth a visit if you are ever in that neighbourhood again.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/10 06:12 by rschonfelder.

Date: 09/04/10 08:08
Author: ddavies

Layout was HO scale, plaster on cardboard "net" frame. There was a diagram that showed a large yard in the back, but the area was blocked off, with no one there. While there are tracks laid out front where the visitors can see, a lot of scenery needs to be put in place, so it is a layout under construction.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1065 seconds