Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Canadian Railroads > Anniversary yesterday

Date: 06/30/11 20:48
Anniversary yesterday
Author: hoggerdoug

A unremarked anniversary yesterday, June 29 it was five years ago that Trainmen Don Faulkner and Tom Dodds died on the BC Rail "Kelly Lake Hill". Don was a good friend and workmate, both sadly missed. God Bless Them.
Doug

Date: 06/30/11 21:44
Re: Anniversary yesterday
Author: spdaylight

And their families . . . . that was a very sad day.

Date: 06/30/11 23:56
Re: Anniversary yesterday
Author: gobbl3gook

Here's a photo, with links to the original TO postings.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1216093

I just want to say to all you railroaders -- if you're not being given safe equipment, stand up for your rights and demand that repairs or replacements be provided. Stand up for each other, get your union to stand up for each other, and stand up for your fellow employees in their requests.

This was a pointless crash. The only reason for it was (as I recall) incompetent management. Management that wouldn't listen, and assigned a crappy locomotive with only one kind of brake, that didn't work. And the families of two fine guys will spend the rest of their lives with heavy hearts because of it.

Thanks for posting this... Gets me worked up every time I think of it, as ya'all can probably tell.

Ted in OR, formerly of BC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds