Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday - Tuscan and Grey

Date: 11/19/12 11:42
MLW Monday - Tuscan and Grey
Author: Lerchy

Further to the post yesterday by SCL1517 and comments by algoma11 I thought I would re-post some pictures taken in the late 60's of some CPR units in fresh tuscan & grey paint. I have to agree it did look its best when clean and fairly new.

1. C-630 4503 is sitting on the MLW test track awaiting delivery to the CPR.
2 & 3 FA-1 4025 is fresh from the paint booth and is headed back to St Luc Yard.

In my opinion this was one of the best railroad paint schemes around.

Neil Compton
Calgary, AB

Date: 11/19/12 11:51
Re: MLW Monday - Tuscan and Grey
Author: Lerchy

It would be nice to see one of CPR's new ECO units painted in tuscan and grey but that would be wishful thinking on my part. I have attached another re-post of M-630 4550 as it was delivered by MLW. Within a few weeks the screening was replaced and the multi-mark moved to the rear of the carbody.

Neil Compton
Calgary, AB

Date: 11/19/12 14:36
Author: Train-a-Mania

Nice pictures, although I believe the paint scheme is technically referred to as CPR Maroon & Grey. The PRR used red tuscan.

Date: 11/20/12 11:18
Author: rschonfelder

That version of 4550's paint scheme looks like it has an "annex" added to the back.

Great and informative photos all around. Thanks Neil.

Rick

Date: 11/21/12 13:43
Author: coach

I've always liked the Canandian style of bell mount--up and forward. Makes sense.

The CSX units in America are also good--up and to the side above the walkway.

Down below by the trucks? No thanks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds