Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Malahat in 2002

Date: 04/19/14 06:42
The Malahat in 2002
Author: ghCBNS

Here’s some memories of a ride on the Malahat in 2002. If it does return it won’t be from this Station in Victoria.....it’s been demolished and the tracks removed from the adjacent bridge.

Date: 04/19/14 06:43
Re: The Malahat in 2002
Author: ghCBNS

.....and getting from Vancouver (Tsawwassen) over to Victoria (Swartz Bay)

Date: 04/19/14 07:35
Author: Torisgod

Ah, the Malahat. I never saw the Malahat, but I wish I had come to Victoria sooner.

And the ferries! I love the ferries! I went to Canada a month ago, taking the Amtrak Cascades to Vancouver, sightseeing in Vancouver, then took a ferry over to Victoria. It was the first time I had ever ridden a ferry. Thanks for the memories, even if it was only a month ago that I took the ferry, and to have let me see the Malahat actually operating from that wonderful little now-trackless station.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 04/19/14 20:49
Author: DTrainshooter

So thankful I rode it from Victoria to Qualicum Beach and return before its demise...

Date: 05/03/14 17:20
Author: tq-07fan

I looked it up in the Canadian Street Side Guide http://transitheritage.ca/ssg.html, produced by Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation http://transitheritage.ca/index.html and is the bus equivalent to the Canadian Track Side Guide. Your Victoria Regional Transit / BC Transit bus 9035 is a Dennis Trident, one of the 19 built in 2002 for Victoria and second group of Double Deckers there.

I got to test the line from Nanaimo north to Courteney and the Port Alberni Sub but got transferred to (stupid) Hardisty Alberta before I got to go south. I thought about riding to Victoria on the bus and taking the RDC back on my offdays but didn't. Now VIA doesn't even include the train or the stations in their website. Crap!

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds