Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Canadian Railroads > 10 years ago on this day, flora,fauna, foamers red whit

Date: 03/02/15 03:03
10 years ago on this day, flora,fauna, foamers red whit
Author: hoggerdoug

March 2, 2005, meet and greet Potter turn. It would appear that spring has come early, very little snow in the images. Three images of the 4653 and 4648 at Exeter BC, running south.

Date: 03/02/15 03:05
Re: 10 years ago on this day, flora,fauna, foamers red

images again at Exeter on the northward portion of the trip. We were doing some work, setout or pickup.

4641 two images
4652 for those that appreciate the open door.

Date: 03/02/15 03:13

last three images, thanks for looking, Doug

Two Trainorder members at Exeter, identities concealed

2 moose near Enterprise, had one running along below the cab window, too slow on the camera missed the shot

those darn foamers again at Onward, that XXL red jacket sure stands out, glad he wasn't closer to the track, perhaps mistaken for a red flag.

Date: 03/02/15 14:18
Author: spdaylight

Doug

Great post . . . not often you would seen two units together in the blue paint scheme . . don't think I ever saw that . . . .

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 03/02/15 20:20
Author: trkinsptr

The BCR 4654 was second unit in the BNSF Everett-Albina train today in Portland,Or. I sure miss the BCR. CJ

Date: 03/02/15 21:03
Author: greshe3

Sorry for the poor scanning just thought i would share,this is two separate batches . the first picture is just out of Calgary coming down from the north and the second picture is in Calgary at Alyth Yard. Greg

Date: 03/03/15 01:24
Author: rschonfelder

Doug, just on that point you made about the fellow wearing a red jacket while railfanning. Wearing anything red near the tracks is severely frowned upon by railroaders in both New Zealand and Australia. Obviously they cannot do anything about a citizen waiting at a pedestrian crossing but Foamers (called Guensels down here) are not received favourably anywhere near railroad property if they do that. Don't bother asking for information or favours.

Anything red seen, means stop for them. This includes Guensels chasing trains.

Rick

Date: 03/03/15 04:44

trkinsptr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The BCR 4654 was second unit in the BNSF
> Everett-Albina train today in Portland,Or. I sure
> miss the BCR. CJ

Nice to know 4654 is still in service, that was the lead unit on my retirement trip in Dec 2008. Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds