Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Canadian Railroads > 'tis a long way from Paducah to *Pocahontas...

Date: 08/25/15 19:04
'tis a long way from Paducah to *Pocahontas...
Author: xcnsnake

...nevertheless here's ex-IC 1026 replete with "Death Star" logo idling on the shop track at Jasper, Alberta with Pyramid Mtn. somewhat visible (thru a haze of smoke from fires in the Okanagan etc.) behind the handrails.

*Pocahontas was a station on the former Grand Trunk Pacific

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/15 19:20 by xcnsnake.

Date: 08/26/15 13:41
Re: 'tis a long way from Paducah to *Pocahontas...
Author: eminence_grise

The Pocahontas spur was left as a remnant of the Grand Trunk Pacific's Number 8 Subdivision after the GTP and Canadian Northern were consolidated in May 1917. According to Kylie's CNR Time Table 1, June 4, 1922 the spur became CNR's Pocahontas Subdivision. The mileages were listed East to West even though the branch connected at the West end.

From Kylie's project (CN West Of Edmonton):
0.0 POCAHONTAS
0.1 Jasper Park Collieries, mine operated 1910-April 1921
5.9 HAWES, formerly Named Jasper House
       Jack Creek Bridge
10.7 INTERLAKEN
        Athabasca River Bridge, 3-225' TT spans
14.2 SNARING JUNCTION, Junction 150.8 BRULE Subdivision

Date: 08/31/15 22:11
Author: telegraphboy

When I was much younger,  I can recall that there was Hinton and then Drinnan.  
Drinnan does not seem to have survived, although I see that there is a Mount Drinnan.
             Sid.

Date: 09/01/15 13:19
Author: telegraphboy

When I was much younger,  I can recall that there was Hinton and then Drinnan.  
Drinnan does not seem to have survived, although I see that there is a Mount Drinnan.
             Sid.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds