Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Canadian Railroads > Question for CN Passenger Car Experts.

Date: 08/30/15 16:22
Question for CN Passenger Car Experts.
Author: mopacrr

On another thread a few days ago on the Steam Page, a photo of one of the ex Milw Super Domes appeared. At first . I thought maybe it was one of the ex CN Super Domes the CN purchased from the Milw in 64,but it could be one of the ones the Milw retained. It got me wondering how many of the ex CN Super Domes are still in Canada and where are they? I believe VIA retired all of them in 82  but have lost track of where they went.

Date: 08/30/15 18:19
Re: Question for CN Passenger Car Experts.
Author: zartok-35

Apparently none of the Sceneramic Superdomes are still in Canada; all of them were eventually sold to Tourism interests, 4 went to San Francisco, 2 of them went to Alaska. My friend Eric Gagnon wrote a blog post about it a couple years ago. Ironically, the most recent Superdome to be used in Canada, on the BCR Pacific Starlight, was one of the un-sold Milwaukee cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/15 18:23 by zartok-35.

Date: 08/30/15 18:42
Author: TCnR

This info might be dated but it has been a very good source for the ex-Miwaukee super-domes:

http://www.trainweb.org/web_lurker/MILWf/

Date: 08/31/15 05:23
Author: mopacrr

Thanks for the reply's. I stumbled into the dome car index,which I didn't realize was there. I knew there was a business car index, and I should have known there would be a dome car index.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1604 seconds