Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday, Windsor & Hantsport

Date: 11/16/15 17:41
MLW Monday, Windsor & Hantsport
Author: cn6218

February 24, 2004 and two of the WHRC's RS-23s are returning to Windsor with the recently acquired (from CN) Eastern Canada Car wedge plow.

8019 and 8041 were replaced by leased GP9RMs in the summer of 2005 and were parted out and scrapped in the spring of 2006.  The WHRC ceased operations in November of 2010.

8019 was notable for being one of only 2(?) diesels to be lettered for Canadian Atlantic Railway, the internal shortline that was the beginning of the end for CP east of Montreal.  The large patch of black paint on the hood covers up the former CAR logo.  8019 must have been a good runner because it seemed to be leading the loaded gypsum trains more often than not when I visited.

GTD

(How does that white balance look, KG?)​​​​

Date: 11/16/15 17:48
Re: MLW Monday, Windsor & Hantsport
Author: kgmontreal

Great shot.

KG

Date: 11/16/15 18:45
Author: TedS-P

Very Cool indeed!

Ted S-P

Date: 11/16/15 19:09
Author: moonliter

Great shot...and no black smoke!  Where was the shot taken?

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Date: 11/17/15 04:35
Author: cn6218

moonliter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great shot...and no black smoke!  Where was the
> shot taken?
>

Sorry Gerry, I omitted that information in my haste to post last night. The location is Falmouth, NS, from the Falmouth Connector overpass. The Windsor mileboard is just at the left edge of the frame. The train was coasting down the hill towards Windsor, so no smoke being generated here. It was probably a different story when they went west earlier in the day, pushing the plow up the hill.

I ran across some smoky shots of the single RS-23 hauling loads into the dumper though. That will be another installment.

GTD

Posted from Mobile Safari

Date: 11/17/15 06:53
Author: Lackawanna484

That's a great set, thanks for sharing it

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds