Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Three Hills sub?

Date: 02/05/16 05:40
CN Three Hills sub?
Author: narails

Does anyone know how many trains a day that uses this line and possibly what time of the day they usually run? I am making plans for an upcoming trip and I hope the grain elevators are still standing in Three Hills. They would be a cool backdrop in a photo.

Date: 02/05/16 11:01
Re: CN Three Hills sub?
Author: Dick

There are usually four through freights each day - Q114, Q115, A442, and A443.  These trains can AVERAGE 10,000 feet in length.  There is only one long siding where trains can meet at Perks so departures from Mirror and Calgary are timed accordingly.  Southbound A442 and northbound (eastbound out Edmonton) Q114 usually meet there early in the morning while A443 and Q115 usually meet there around noon unless schedules have changed since I videotaped that line in 2010.
Dick Eisfeller
Big "E" Productions
Greenland, N H
www.trainvideos.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/16 11:02 by Dick.

Date: 02/05/16 14:46
Author: tsokolan

in addition there is a local freight out of Edmonton daily (518) which usually has work at Camrose and runs as far south as Mirror. The local is good for catching some older power (SD40's, GP40's etc) and usually departs Edmonton in the early morning. Elevators are still standing in Three Hills, as well as Bashaw. I'm headed down the line on Monday, hopefully I'll catch a couple trains!
-Trevor

Date: 02/06/16 00:54
Author: narails

Thanks for your answers! Very helpful! Please report after your visit regarding timing of the trains, status of the elevators and so on if you feel like it. I will visit from Sweden in a couple of months.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds