Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Canadian Railroads > Saskatchewan Grain Car Corporation SKPX Cars

Date: 04/22/16 16:24
Saskatchewan Grain Car Corporation SKPX Cars
Author: fredstoltz

I noticed some former Saskatchewan Grain Car Corporation, former SKPX  cars labeled for Canadian Pacific today. My question is, how many of these hopper cars have been either leased or sold to Canadian Pacific Railway?    Fred.

Date: 04/23/16 03:02
Re: Saskatchewan Grain Car Corporation SKPX Cars
Author: kgmontreal

Excellent question.  I've been wondering the same thing.  I hope someone comes up with an answer.

KG

Date: 04/27/16 16:54
Author: eminence_grise

From Kylie:

If the Saskatchewan cars were upgraded to 286,000lbs in the same way that the Government of Canada Wheat Board cars were the reporting marks were changed when the cars were upgraded from 268,000 lbs receiving new trucks, hopper gates and sill repairs. When the CNWX and CPWX cars were upgraded they removed the WX as an indicator that the car was upgraded. The entire remaining series of SKPX cars (471 cars) in the 625000-625522 is shown as transferred to CP reporting marks in 2010. The CP/SKPX cars are all assigned to CP, the SKNX carws are assigned to the Last Mountain Railway in Saskatchewan. I did a research project on the CN fleet that can be sent to whoever is interested.

fredstoltz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed some former Saskatchewan Grain Car
> Corporation, former SKPX  cars labeled for
> Canadian Pacific today. My question is, how many
> of these hopper cars have been either leased or
> sold to Canadian Pacific Railway?    Fred.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/16 16:58 by eminence_grise.

Date: 05/01/16 16:21
Author: fredstoltz

Thanks Phil. Much appreciated.  Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds