Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday Chemin de fer Sartigan

Date: 05/30/16 03:41
MLW Monday Chemin de fer Sartigan
Author: kgmontreal

One of the most obscure operators of MLW locomotives is the Chemin de fer Sartigan in Quebec.  Based in Scott Jct on the former Quebec Central, the Sartigan operates twenty miles north to CN's Joffre Yard near Levis.  A chase that Tuesday produced the following images of the southbound trip.  The RS-18 is ex-CP a product of the Angus rebuild program. 

Ken Goslett

Date: 05/30/16 03:44
Re: MLW Monday Chemin de fer Sartigan

Sartigan's other locomotive is also a former CP unit, MLW RS-23 # 8033.  It sees only occasional use and is shown here at Scott Jct.

Ken Goslett

Date: 05/30/16 05:48
Author: eminence_grise

Ken, great to see one of the bulk poutine shipments for MacDonalds (in the Agropur tanker) near the place where Quebec's "National Delicacy" was invented. How do they pump that goop?

Date: 05/30/16 06:13

The cheese is heated in the tank so that it flows as a liquid.  Strings are cut with long shears.

KG

Date: 05/30/16 09:54
Author: cn6218

Nice reflection on the side of that tanker too!

I wasn't aware that anything was still running on the former QC.  Good to see it's not all torn up.

I was wondering what had happened to 8033.  It had worked at an OSB plant in Miramichi that went bankrupt a number of years ago.  The plant is back in business doing something else, but I guess the RS-23 isn't there any longer.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 10:30 by cn6218.

Date: 05/30/16 11:05

Did you ever shoot the 8033 at the OSB mill in Chatham?  I went to the mill on several occasions but could never find the switcher. I assumed one had to walk along the Loggieville sub for a couple of miles to get to the back of the plant.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds