Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Canadian Railroads > Baretables on BC Rail?

Date: 09/18/16 08:30
Baretables on BC Rail?
Author: loleta

On this day of my long summer photo trip, I saw something I haven't seen before on the former BC Rail: a 10,000-foot train of empty well cars. But first, the day in Chetwynd begins in the usual way with the morning arrival of train 473 from Prince George.
1. 473 south of Chetwynd.
2. 473 at the north end of the yard.
3. CN 2136 and 2142 ran light engines out of Chetwynd to Falls, where a long string of empty well cars filled the siding. The crew split the engines and worked the siding from both ends. With reports that three coal mines in the area are reopening soon, might one of them be the mine at Falls, and CN is clearing the siding to make room for coal cars? We should find out soon. Here's the train back on the mainline and ready to depart Falls.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 09/18/16 08:34
Re: Baretables on BC Rail?

4. It took several hours to get the string of cars assembled, but here's work train 936 finally heading south at Lemoray quarry.
5. Crossing the Rockies at Azouzetta.
6. Heading downhill near mile 585.

- L.F.

Date: 09/18/16 08:36

7. Crossing Rolston Creek.
8, 9. Back in Chetwynd after dark, the 1700 yard job does some switching.

- L.F.

Date: 09/18/16 10:50
Author: spdaylight

Great set of photos . . . a long day for you but certainly worth it.

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 09/19/16 15:41
Author: roustabout

It's taken me two trips through that area (Prince George-Chetwynd-Ft Nelson) to more-or-less figure out where things are.  I need to go back and spend a week or more just exploring from Chetwynd with an occassional lunch or breakfast at Shepherd's Inn. Thanks for all the great images!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/16 15:42 by roustabout.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0656 seconds