Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Canadian Railroads > Crew change and a Speeder charter at "The Puddle"

Date: 11/24/16 16:01
Crew change and a Speeder charter at "The Puddle"
Author: Helo-Mech

On our return from the joint CNRHA / BCRH&TS Convention at Prince George, we had just driven through Williams Lake when we saw a northbound freight approaching town. We turned around and headed for the Hwy. 20 overpass that crosses the north end of the main yard. Here 4607 has just pulled up to the yard office and the arriving crew is leaving their train with grips in hand.  We drove around the industrial complex roads a little to see if there were any other photo ops. We ended up by the TOFC ramp when a Speeder group went around the train on one of the yard tracks.
Photos taken in August 1999.

Mike N.

Date: 11/24/16 16:03
Re: Crew change and a Speeder charter at "The Puddle"
Author: Helo-Mech

Two more photos of the speeder group.

Mike N.

Date: 11/24/16 20:19
Author: spdaylight

BC Rail were very gracious hosts to the occcasional NARCOA and other speeder groups that would traverse their lines . . . .

Craig
http://www.mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 11/24/16 23:01
Author: rschonfelder

I love the Dunny on wheels !!!  It looks like a joke where someone went in, on went the door lock, HELICOPTER hook attached and was hauled away with said patron inside.  This is where it ended up.

Rick

Date: 11/25/16 05:15
Author: PHall

rschonfelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love the Dunny on wheels !!!  It looks like a
> joke where someone went in, on went the door lock,
> HELICOPTER hook attached and was hauled away with
> said patron inside.  This is where it ended up.
>
> Rick

No, rather strict BC Enviomental Control laws at work!

Date: 11/25/16 07:16
Author: hoggerdoug

I remember couple of these speeder excursions running through Williams Lake over the years, 20 or more speeders putting and spluttering was quite impressive to see.. One trip we had a speeder excursion running ahead of us from Williams Lake and they cleared in the siding at Dragon to let us by. After the foreman in charge cleared us through his limits, I asked if he was aware of the speed limit through Dragon and if he had any "speed restrictions" while we passed. The only restriction he had was to ring the bell and frequently use the whistle. Dragon  at the time was 50mph track speed, and that's what they got.  Doug

Date: 11/26/16 10:45
Author: SpeederDriver

My wife and I were on one of those speeder trips, in 2006, with my MT14.  Squamish to Prince George, then CN to Prince Rupert and also Tumbler Ridge.  Over a week on the rails, quite an experience.  That, and a trip through Mexico's Copper Canyou, rank amoung my best life's memories.  I don't think either of those trips will happen again.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds