Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Canadian Railroads > FM Friday - London, Ontario

Date: 11/25/16 12:01
FM Friday - London, Ontario
Author: refarkas

CLC (FM) C-Liners and road switchers await their end at the CN reclamation Yard in London, Ontario on 11/30/1968.
Bob

Date: 11/25/16 13:31
Re: FM Friday - London, Ontario
Author: loopy7764

West coast American here. Is this where GMDD trade-ins are parted out and/or scrapped? And is that an RS10 to the left?

Date: 11/25/16 14:19
Author: kgmontreal

The shot is made even sadder by the snow on the hulks.  Rare to see one of CNR's freight C-Liner B-units.

KG

Date: 11/25/16 20:36
Author: DrawingroomA

I recall about this time seeing rows of passenger equipment which was being scrapped. I remember the sad sight of some old sleepers that appeared to have been burned out, leaving only the metal shell.

Date: 11/26/16 03:40
Author: kgmontreal

loopy7764 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> West coast American here. Is this where GMDD
> trade-ins are parted out and/or scrapped? And is
> that an RS10 to the left?

I think the answer is no to your GMD question.  The London reclamation yard reclaimed parts and then scrapped all sorts of CLC and MLW units that were not related to the nearby GMD locomotive plant.  Most of the CLC units were equipped with Westinghouse electrical gear that GMD would have had no use for and not accepted.

I can remember seeing a few trade-in hulks at the MLW plant around the time of the C-424 orders but not later.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds