Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Canadian Railroads > a few for "on this day"

Date: 01/12/17 04:09
a few for "on this day"
Author: hoggerdoug

way back, January 12, 2007  I took some time out from family visit and wandered around for an hour or so. At Inksetter Road, Copetown Ontario I caught this CN westbound on the Dundas sub.

Date: 01/12/17 04:11
Re: a few for "on this day"

1 more at Inksetter road and 2 at Copetown west.

Date: 01/12/17 04:16

and three of the old TH&B Rly right of way, Rails to Trails. The tracks are long gone and it was an eerie feeling to realize that I had worked on a few trains here, to and from Hamilton and Brantford. Memories of the past and that famous expression "it's all crap now".  Thanks for looking.   Doug

Date: 01/12/17 10:41
Author: MGA2300

Hi Doug, great pics! Where are the pics taken of the TH&B? I'd like to take walk there someday. TIA

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/12/17 12:08

MGA2300 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Doug, great pics! Where are the pics taken of
> the TH&B? I'd like to take walk there someday. TIA
>
>
> Posted from iPhone

The images were taken on Old Ancaster Road in Dundas, Ontario. This crossing had some significance to me, when I was younger I could hear the West Local whistling at the crossing as it went west to Brantford late in the evening. I would again hear it whistling at the crossing early in morning on the return trip. When I worked for the TH&B I did a few trips on the West Local to Brantford and Waterford. 
The rail trail is quite extensive, attached link or do a google for TH&B rail trail. https://www.grandriver.ca/en/outdoor-recreation/Brantford-to-Hamilton-Rail-Trail.aspx

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds