Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Canadian Railroads > F-Unit friday (for tomorrow)

Date: 01/12/17 11:34
F-Unit friday (for tomorrow)
Author: Helo-Mech

I'm back at work tomorrow, so I'll post this today.  Here WCRX 4069 rolls down the Green River hill at about mile 85 (just before the 1st Hwy. 99 crossing between Whistler and Pemberton) of BC Rail's Squamish sub on May 26th, 2001.

Mike N. 

Date: 01/12/17 18:44
Re: F-Unit friday (for tomorrow)
Author: WCMR2008

Nice picture Mike, Thanks for posting.
Small point ... This unit is owned by the West Coast Railway Association and is correctly WCXX 4069.
WCRX is the Reporting Mark for Waterloo Central Railway.
J.

Date: 01/13/17 08:20
Author: feclark

Very nice composition and a beautiful exposure in a tough light situation; the grey nose sure works for you here. Great post.
Fred

Date: 01/13/17 20:05
Author: Helo-Mech

J. - Thanks for the correction, I thought I remembered seeing WCRX on the side of one of the WCRA's passenger cars. It must have read WCXX.

Thanks guys, it was mid day with a hazy overcast and my location didn't work to my advantage - far from ideal conditions.

I've re-edited the photo sliding the contrast to the positive, and highlights further to the negative. Looks a bit less washed out to me.

I'll try to get more up from this day. 3716 was supposed to be the power for this charter.

Mike N. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0828 seconds