Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Canadian Railroads > On this day in 2002

Date: 03/29/17 20:53
On this day in 2002
Author: Helo-Mech

March 29th 2002 had me staying at my Uncle's place in Squamish for a few days. The weather wasn't great on the 29th, but there were some trains to watch.

1. HLCX 6077 was one of a group of lease units on BC Rail for few years. The split air reservoir was a feature of CN SD40s, this one being the former 5220.

2. Having coupled onto what I assume was the mid train unit (4601), the consist paused at the south end of the yard trackage. The Conductor appears to be a Vancouver Canucks fan judging by his hat with the "plate of spaghetti" logo.

3. 4612 backs onto a cut of cars to be pulled out of the yard. Notice the steel ties used on the yard tracks that I believe were removed from mainline trackage after they were found to be defective and prone to cracking.     

Date: 03/29/17 21:12
Re: On this day in 2002
Author: Helo-Mech

4. The train pulls out of the yard and onto the siding, the mainline is in between these tracks and the ones occupied by the string of grain hoppers. The Stawamus Chief looms in the back ground, it is supposedly the second largest free standing piece of granite in the world.

5. A view of the other side of the power, next to the old station platform. The building on the far side of the train was to the best of my knowledge BC Rail's B&B dept.office and stores.

6. 4612 having left town for North Van, I made my way back to my Uncle's and found another southbound had arrived led by 4647. After photographing a few more freight cars, I called it a day.

Mike N.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0591 seconds