Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Canadian Railroads > A busy evening at Lachine Station

Date: 04/21/17 17:49
A busy evening at Lachine Station
Author: Mberry

I arrived at Lachine Station in Montreal this past Tuesday evening, for my first attempt of the year to shoot CP 133 (the westbound Expressway).

1-As I walked through the tunnel that leads under highway 20 to the station, I heard the RTC tell a train that they would follow commuter train AMT 29, which was just then leaving Montreal West. Just as I got to the platform, I could see what was CP 143 slowly approaching on the third track.

2-AMT 29 appeared a couple of minutes later, with CP 143 slowly passing at left. CP 143 would follow AMT 29 westwards.

3-In the meantime an eastbound appeared and took the west leg of the wye leading to Lachine IMS yard. It turned out to be CP 118 and this delayed CP 133 a bit. By the time CP 133 passed me it was a matter of minutes till sunest. Power was a pair of SD30C-ECO's. CP 118 can barely be seen at left. While CP 118 is an eastbound, it is heading west out of Lachine IMS Yard as part of its setoff.

Michael Berry

Date: 04/21/17 17:51
Re: A busy evening at Lachine Station
Author: Mberry

4-CP 133 is heading west, while CP 118 is lined at right.

5-CP 118 makes an appearance, with a pair of ES44AC's for power.

6-CP 133 into a fiery sunset.

Date: 04/21/17 20:50
Author: gaspeamtrak

Nice pictures ! I always look out for your pictures ! They are always interesting! Keep up the great work/pictures...:):):)

Date: 04/22/17 13:59
Author: feclark

Neat sequence. Not knowing the location, the first shot made me wonder where the heck is Michael standing. Photo 4 gives the answer, and quite frankly, I'm amazed this skinny little platform exists. It's a miracle it hasn't been wiped out by a derailment; the AMT legal eagles must lay awake at night!
Fred

Date: 04/22/17 16:08
Author: 4489

feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat sequence. Not knowing the location, the first
> shot made me wonder where the heck is Michael
> standing. Photo 4 gives the answer, and quite
> frankly, I'm amazed this skinny little platform
> exists. It's a miracle it hasn't been wiped out by
> a derailment; the AMT legal eagles must lay awake
> at night!
> Fred

This platform has been this size and in this position for MANY years!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds