Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Distributed Braking Car 00013 - Not a Container

Date: 04/21/17 22:45
CN Distributed Braking Car 00013 - Not a Container
Author: feclark

A few weeks back I posted some photos of CN's Distributed Braking Container CN 0002, at
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4265066
Yesterday I was out at Bremner and saw this on an EB, not in position to photograph it, but tore off on the zigzag road pattern and got ahead of the train between Uncas and Lindbrook. There's good parking at the Deville North Cooking Lake Hall (near Range Road 210, with a baseball diamond), and the highway's pole line has shifted to the south side of Highway 630.
1. This is Distributed Braking Car 00013, painted all orange, unlike the orange/black/white container version. This shows the A end (not the brake wheel); note the rotating beacons, amber and red, high and low, at both ends. Also note that the Container from the earlier post is not 00002, i.e. it's only four digits, not five, which seems a little odd, or non-standardized, at any rate.
2. The shot showing the B end; I'm assuming a conversion from an earlier box car, but I can't match its details to anything in Richard Yaremko's Canadian Railcar Pictorial books on CN 50' and longer box cars. The shot between these two gives me a decent look at the info plate, which seems to read 9-1-67, which just doesn't make sense to me. I need to check it out on a better resolution monitor, but this looks like a more modern vintage car. Does anyone know it's history?
Fred

Date: 04/22/17 00:31
Re: CN Distributed Braking Car 00013 - Not a Container
Author: CN_Hogger

I believe that it was originally a BN air repeater car. I remember seeing a couple before they were repainted at the Woodcrest Shop in Homewood, IL.

CN_Hogger

Date: 05/07/17 14:30
Re: CN Distributed Braking Car 00013 - Not a Container
Author: dstremes

Yes, they are former BN cars, and were formerly in the 152nn series. Canadian Trackside Guide has the details.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds