Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Canadian Railroads > East End of Lindbrook, Including BCOL

Date: 05/25/17 16:04
East End of Lindbrook, Including BCOL
Author: feclark

Recently I've done a number of posts at Lindbrook on the Wainwright Sub; if you're interested in directions, check out
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4291226
from a few weeks back. The first few shots in that post were taken just east of the grade crossing with Range Road 194, so I'm posting a few more angles at this spot to continue documenting the location for you flat-land fans.
1. This was my first time getting to the location early enough to take a shot on the north side of the tracks, as they bend to the SE, and have an EB show up. The date is August 2, 2016, at 0715, and the train is grain empties #808, behind 2638 and IC 2709, lens set at 48 mm. I've walked a short distance east of the crossing, to get a better sun angle, but this cuts off the train, a situation I addressed in my earlier-posted shot taken this year, where the lighting isn't as good. Trade-offs.
2. From later in the same day, 2582 and 5788 lead #198 at 1321, this time shot from the south side of the tracks, again a very short walk in from the crossing. You can see the gravel road in the background. You'll see by this time of day, the sun has gotten around to where the nose is beginning to go dark. Lens set at 38 mm.
3. Now to show the angle for a WB from essentially the same location, but closer to the crossing to incorporate the hay bales, and a few minutes earlier than photo 2, at 1313. This is BCOL 4624 and IC 1004 on the point of #191, heading down the main to meet #198, which pulled moments later. Lens at 30 mm. You'll see the sun hasn't quite swung around onto the nose, so this pair of photos tells you when to be here for which direction if you're really picky about your lighting.
I'll continue to flog Lindbrook in future posts, unless ordered to knock it off.
Fred

Date: 05/25/17 21:40
Re: East End of Lindbrook, Including BCOL
Author: kgmontreal

Good stuff.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds