Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday - BCOL Meet and Greet for CN Leasers in 1980

Date: 07/17/17 19:47
MLW Monday - BCOL Meet and Greet for CN Leasers in 1980
Author: feclark

Well, talk about coincidences! I was going to post these today, and I see that arwye posted one of the subject locomotives already, sporting a different road number and needing a repaint. These shots are from my one visit to the North Vancouver yard (not counting riding the Royal Hudson), on July 16, 1980. This was a flying visit of just over an hour, after my arranged visit of a few days earlier was washed out by rain. My wife patiently put up with a side trip on the way out of town. This was a pure fluke, catching a trio of CN units being delivered to BCOL for lease, and ultimately a chance to be photographed by arwye in September of that year, then posted up on Train Orders over 30 years later!
1. Distant is S-13 1002, the subject of arwye's current post, by the time of his photo renumbered as 502 and looking a bit rattier. It was a bit squishy, but I managed to fit it in between all the framing elements. I agree that these are the best looking MLW switchers; very beefy, big stack, stepped walkway, and all. I'm sure someone (hoggerdoug ?) could comment on procedure, but I think a CN crew brought the power so far, then the switcher took over (I left before this all went down) to convey them to the shops. Note the BCOL van on the left side.
2. The trio of C-630Ms consists of 2041, 2028, and 2025. A case of being in the right place at the right time, no inside information.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/17 19:48 by feclark.

Date: 07/18/17 03:36
Re: MLW Monday - BCOL Meet and Greet for CN Leasers in 1980
Author: kgmontreal

A lucky catch to be sure.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds