Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Canadian Railroads > BC Rail & Trillium

Date: 07/26/17 18:10
BC Rail & Trillium
Author: DundasMP23

One of the advantages of taking vacation days to be with my sons during the summer is seeing trains that I otherwise wouldn't see. Tomorrow is calling for rain, so I planned a day out today. Before heading out I turned on my cell phone and was quickly alerted to CN 148 with BCOL 4616 and 4617. Our day trip routing was promptly changed to include a stop at Copetown, ON to catch the train. (Photo 1)

Being a railfan has its advantages because it takes you places you most likely wouldn't see if it weren't for the trains. Back in the winter I came across a really nice park in Port Colborne, ON that I knew the boys would enjoy, so that was our destination. I discovered this park following the Trillium Railway. Coming in to town I turned on the scanner hoping to use the old radio conversation clarity trick to locate a train. It worked like a charm as we first started hearing sporadic static, followed by clearer and clearer conversation until my eldest exclaimed "108 is close!" We pulled up to Dain City just as they were finishing switching so we doubled back to WH Yard to get a photo. (Photo 2). I wish I had taken a photo of my youngest smiling and jumping as the train approached but he promptly stopped when he saw me watching him!

The better part of the afternoon was spent at the park. I couldn't help but laugh on the drive home when a little voice in the back seat stated "ANOTHER railway track!" One of these days they'll figure me out.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/17 18:11 by DundasMP23.

Date: 07/26/17 19:46
Re: BC Rail & Trillium
Author: algoma11

Nice shots Rob-Trillium can be a fun chase!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 07/27/17 18:23
Re: BC Rail & Trillium
Author: Thumper

WE've been trying to figure out you for years!

The photos are superb, however as you noted
the children were quiet when the train was in evidence

Bryce Lee
Burlington Ontario

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds