Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canadian National Coronado Sub. Pt. 1

Date: 09/13/17 13:32
Canadian National Coronado Sub. Pt. 1
Author: BCR_766

I had the pleasure of taking some vacation to doggy-sit my husky as my parents were away for my brother's wedding. (I wasn't at the wedding because my Husky is an indoor dog, and she hadn't been socialized as a pup) Since I grew up at the parents acreage I knew the area for rail activity, so I headed down CN's Coronado Sub. (Edmonton to Fort McMurray yard) Unfortunately CN had a 10mph slow order on the line so the sun for CN L557 northbound wasn't in my Wheelhouse, my apologies!

Date: 09/13/17 13:58
Re: Canadian National Coronado Sub. Pt. 1
Author: DrLoco

Nice catches--let's discuss that MLW/Alco? Is that a T6? Anyone got any info on whose that is?

Date: 09/13/17 14:21

Its one of 2 ex-SP Alco S-6. Both of their units came from Dow Chemicals in Fort Saskatchewan, who also have had a couple RS11 chop nose units.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/17 14:36 by BCR_766.

Date: 09/13/17 16:38
Author: tsokolan

The RS-11's are long gone from DOW. That S-6 is now working for A&B Rail services, which do repairs, scrapping, and storage of freight cars adjacent to the Coronodo Sub.

-Trevor

Date: 09/13/17 13:41
Canadian National Coronado Sub Pt. 2

Later that day I heard CN L556 southbound on my scanner so I jumped in my Jeep and headed to Gibbons to catch it in the sunlight!!!!

Date: 09/13/17 19:12
Re: Canadian National Coronado Sub Pt. 2
Author: tsokolan

I just noticed CN has replaced the old SNS sign at Gibbons, the old sign was still up when I shot there in June.

-Trevor

Date: 09/14/17 06:11
Re: Canadian National Coronado Sub Pt. 2

tsokolan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just noticed CN has replaced the old SNS sign at
> Gibbons, the old sign was still up when I shot
> there in June.
>
> -Trevor

Trev,
Yeah it was one of the first things I noticed.... the whole line has replacement station signs, I'm curious where the old ones went.... hmm a phone call to CN may be in order! I remember those old RS-11's chugging when I was working there, Delta-Catalytic was the rail contractor at the time. They had one which went through the scale after it hit a derail, she looked rough all blocked up as a part source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/17 06:27 by BCR_766.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0568 seconds