Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Canadian Railroads > Wainwright Sub - Bluebird Demo and CP Detour at Russett

Date: 09/14/17 20:29
Wainwright Sub - Bluebird Demo and CP Detour at Russett
Author: feclark

Company for dinner last night meant I didn't get to my intended Wainwright Wednesday post, continuing the tour. Last week, 9/20, was the elevator at Shonts, MP 221. The next logical stop is Ryley, MP 214.7, but I posted that up on 7/20 from a smoky day. So we come to Russett, and lo-and-behold, Locotrol2 posted a shot from Russett earlier today; check it out. Russett is MP 211.8, really just a name board on one of CN's "super-sidings", 11,430' and the first long one since Lindbrook at 232.4. The tracks run between Highway 14 and farm properties, so it's easy to stuff one in.
1. Taken July 7, 2015, this is 8953 and ex-demo 8102 in charge of the 106 cars of mixed freight and plenty of auto racks that comprise #302 at 1303. Lens is set at 38 mm; I'd shot this at Tofield, stabbed by a cloud, so took off in pursuit and was pleased to hear them call "clear to stop, take siding". I passed on the meet, because the lighting for the WB wouldn't be that good, and I had more important photographic fish to fry, to be posted down the road. I've parked across the highway in the paved entrance to a field's access, and the little knoll gives me a bit of elevation.
2. This is from a while back, 2010, when I thought I'd seen my last K64, and was using up a roll of Fuji Whackochrome. Sorry for the quality, but it shows a CP detour, maybe from the flooding that hit southern Saskatchewan (was it that year? I can't remember). CN #102 took siding at Russett, and from the same knoll as photo 1, I'm looking east at CP #113 behind 8790 and 8623, with racks and stacks at 1321 on June 28, 2010. Not only is the subject a little out of the ordinary, but in the distance, on the right, you can see the elevator at MP 210, to be the subject of a future Wainwright thread.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/17 20:31 by feclark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0688 seconds