Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Canadian Railroads > The New Turcot

Date: 09/23/17 03:11
The New Turcot
Author: kgmontreal

The City of Montreal seems perpetually under construction. There are orange cones everywhere. But two construction projects dwarf all the others. One is the building of the new Champlain Bridge. The other is the rebuild of the Turcot Interchange. The first has no railway connection at the moment. But the latter has the relocation of the Canadian National tracks as a key part of the project.

To date only one track is open of the four that are being relocated though Turcot. That track is the siding known as Track 29 that was/is used for block swapping. I've been keen to get a photo of a train on the newly opened track. Thursday I came within seconds of achieving my objective but failed. Friday I succeeded with the results shown here.

The train is CN #149, the Port of Montreal to Chicago container train, and its power backed into the new track to retrieve cars left for it by #121 the Halifax to Toronto container train. The signals on the signal bridge are not operational.

The complete cut-over to the new line is scheduled for August 2018.

Ken Goslett

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/17 03:25 by kgmontreal.

Date: 09/23/17 13:41
Re: The New Turcot
Author: feclark

Nice shots of a work in progress.
Fred

Date: 09/23/17 15:05
Re: The New Turcot
Author: gaspeamtrak

Wow! I will be travelling through here at the end of November will be looking forward to see if there is a enough daylight to see anything...
Thank you for sharing. :):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds