Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Canadian Railroads > Shortline Sunday - ENR at Top Shelf Feeds, Koksilah

Date: 10/15/17 12:59
Shortline Sunday - ENR at Top Shelf Feeds, Koksilah
Author: feclark

Last week I posted a pair of photos of a southbound ENR freight at Chemainus, BC, at https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4393709.
This week we complete the chase with the train at its southernmost point, the Top Shelf Feed mill at Koksilah (south side of Duncan), on Vancouver Island. The date is July 22, 2003.
1. By this late in the run, approximately 1100, the sun has swung around and is nearly nose-on, not helping things. The fine level of maintenance referred to by someone replying to last week's post is very much in evidence; there may indeed be some tilt to the tracks, but I think I'm probably a bit off plumb, as well, in holding my camera.
2. Pushing into the mill, this is the last shot I took on this leg of the chase. The rest was northbound to Parksville, then back to Nanaimo, the best shots published in Branchline. You'll notice that finally, we are out of the forests of Vancouver Island, lots of flat land, and they manage to grow some honking big trees to surround the mill and mess up the shots. Turner and MacLachlan's nice 2013 book on the E&N/ENR/SRY has a few photos of this mill being serviced, and in one of them the trees are bare and you can see the mill quite a bit more clearly.
Fred

Date: 10/15/17 13:36
Re: Shortline Sunday - ENR at Top Shelf Feeds, Koksilah
Author: refarkas

Interesting location and good photos.
Bob

Date: 10/15/17 16:19
Re: Shortline Sunday - ENR at Top Shelf Feeds, Koksilah
Author: kgmontreal

Talk about overgrown. Wow.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds