Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Canadian Railroads > Highlight of the Day in Terrace BC

Date: 11/14/17 18:51
Highlight of the Day in Terrace BC
Author: photobob

Its a cool Spring day in 1973 as the Rupert Flyer rolls into Terrace BC on its overnight run to Jasper.

Robert Morris Photography
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index.html

Date: 11/14/17 21:54
Re: Highlight of the Day in Terrace BC
Author: krm152

A most excellent photo that truly captures a scene and era.
ALLEN

Date: 11/15/17 05:28
Author: 1-12016

I worked in Terrace for cn rail as an operator during the sixties. The passenger train has lived on partly borrowed times. Already at this time the cn tried to rid the line off passenger service. As a spare operator on the north line I had to use the train to get around. Passenger traffic was normally good west off prince George but the heaviest was east off Prince George as there were hardly any roads to all the sawmills along the fraser sub. Power after steam were 1200 series road switchers. Later 9000 series F-7 and GP-9s in tandem. At one time around 1970 6500series F-9 were used. All in all the train seems to be quite well patronized during the summer anyways. Living in Norway now for the past 45 years nice to see my old station and train again.

Date: 11/15/17 09:50
Author: feclark

Keep those gorgeous B&W coming; it's the highlight of the day back then when it rolled into the station, and it's the highlight of yesterday when you posted it. Very nice. I took many B&W negatives along the way, but never had a darkroom. With scanners I can turn them into positives now, so it's time to get at it, but I always fear the results will be sludgy. Your skill is admirable.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1063 seconds