Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Canadian Railroads > Switcher Saturday - Tuscan and Grey Welcomes Me Home

Date: 11/18/17 22:17
Switcher Saturday - Tuscan and Grey Welcomes Me Home
Author: feclark

Last week I posted my last switcher shots from a cross-Canada (or at least a fair piece of it) trip from Calgary to Ottawa, moving to start a graduate degree in Ottawa. The shots were from Algoma Steel at Sault Ste. Marie on July 15, 1984, and the link is https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4415392.
Next day I awoke in North Bay, no switchers seen, and drove in to Ottawa, new home, and also old home, where I grew up.
1. The first photos I took back in Ottawa were at Walkley Yard on August 12, 1984, with CP S-3 6538, in the block lettering scheme. What a sight for sore eyes (five years in Calgary did that to you).
2. A week later, probably a Sunday afternoon, I was back and the sun was out, August 19. It was a pretty interesting locomotive, not just because of the old paint, but the watchman heater was a nice addition, with its little peaked cap. Also note the spark arrestor (I'm guessing) on the stack, and the CP Rail touches, such as red stanchions with black and white hand rails, red horn cluster, and the red metal things (does anybody know what they are) on the forward edge of the cab roof. This would make an interesting modelling project.
Fred

Date: 11/19/17 03:34
Re: Switcher Saturday - Tuscan and Grey Welcomes Me Home
Author: kgmontreal

Great shots. And a far cry from what you'd see in Walkely today.

Ken Goslett

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds