Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Canadian Railroads > A bit of snow for a new Christmas Train

Date: 11/19/17 18:02
A bit of snow for a new Christmas Train
Author: Mberry

For what I believe is the the first time, Exporail ran a Christmas Train today, from Hays Station to Des Bouleaux Station (they will be running it next Sunday as well).
The train ran with a rare all-AMT consist of GP9 AMT 1311, generator car AMT 603 and coach AMT 827, probably because the generator car was needed to keep the coach warm (it did the trick, my family and I had to take our jackets off when we rode it!). By coincidence the Montreal area got a bit of snow today; very welcome as it was a very grey day.

1-Here the train passes Barrington Station, where Santa Claus will be let off until the next run.

2&3-As it stopped briefly to left off Santa, I was able to get ahead of it on foot and shoot it approaching Hays Station. In the second shot M-636 CP 4563, LRC-3 VIA 6921 and GP9 CP 1608 are at right. In the third shot coach GOT 1101 is at left.

Michael Berry

Date: 11/19/17 23:05
Re: A bit of snow for a new Christmas Train
Author: gaspeamtrak

Nice ! Gotta get back there some time!!! Thank you for sharing!!! :):):)

Date: 11/20/17 03:36
Author: kgmontreal

When you said you were going out for the Exporail Christmas train I forgot that it would need heat and therefore would run with the AMT generator car. Good for them for using the matching Geep.

And good for you for going out there on a crappy day.

Ken Goslett

Date: 11/20/17 06:45
Author: Mberry

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you said you were going out for the Exporail
> Christmas train I forgot that it would need heat
> and therefore would run with the AMT generator
> car. Good for them for using the matching Geep.
>
> And good for you for going out there on a crappy
> day.
>
> Ken Goslett

Yes, I didn't even realize until afterwards that the generator car was needed for heat either.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds