Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Canadian Railroads > The "Canadian" consist car #?

Date: 11/22/17 11:45
The "Canadian" consist car #?
Author: skidroe

I have a bedroom reserved in car # 110 on 3/10/18 . Is this car nearest to the dining car? My wife does not like slipping on the ice between the cars/

Date: 11/22/17 12:16
Re: The "Canadian" consist car #?
Author: DrawingroomA

skidroe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a bedroom reserved in car # 110 on 3/10/18
> . Is this car nearest to the dining car? My wife
> does not like slipping on the ice between the
> cars/

Car 110 (and 210) is the first sleeper. In March there will be a minimum of three sleepers so the walk to the diner may not be an easy one. Despite all the money spent on the Manor sleepers a few years ago nothing was done to the diaphragms, which are as useless at keeping out ice and snow as they were when new. On my recent trip I was in sleeper 210. After that we had 211 through 214, then a deadhead sleeper and a Skyline and then the diner. Even though it is not yet winter, there was often a lot of snow and ice in the vestibules and the oldest of my friends was quite concerned about slipping. There are hand-rails across the vestibules, of course, but you still have to make your way across the diaphragm area without any handrail.

Even those who will not say a good word about Renaissance equipment will have to admit that their diaphragms keep out the elements and even the cold. I have made winter trips on the Ocean through a blizzard and the doors between sleepers and even the diner were propped open and there wasn't a single flake inside. If the Europeans can make diaphragms that work this well surely we can.

Date: 11/22/17 12:19
Author: jbwest

Based on our consist last week 110 was the furthest forward sleeper, with sleepers 111, 112, 113 and a skyline between it and the diner.

JBWX

Date: 11/22/17 12:24
Author: andersonb109

Maybe give VIA a call and explain the mobility situation. It's far enough ahead they should be able to move you into a car closer to the diner....particularly if you can provide the desired car number to them (some agents don't seem to know the actual car positions, especially since they were reversed a few years back and then I think restored to their original positions).

Date: 11/22/17 17:11
Author: viatrainrider

Per andersonB109 post, I have indeed at some time called VIA and made a car change. In fact making a reservation for a March trip this AM,the computer first gave me a 110 car reservation. I asked to be changed to the 112 car. No problem, was done per my request. New boarding pass e-mailed to me.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds