Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Canadian Railroads > CBNS Sunday - The Last Repaint

Date: 12/10/17 13:15
CBNS Sunday - The Last Repaint
Author: cn6218

Last week I mentioned GP18 4700, which received the "classic" CBNS black with yellow chevrons after it arrived in Nova Scotia. One other GP9 got something similar, but this time it was dark green paint instead of black. 5967 was an ex-C&O unit by way of Mid Michigan, and I shot it later the same day as the Model 40. This turned out to be the last attempt by the CBNS to produce any kind of unique identity (Rail Generica and G&W schemes don't count in that department!). It was scrapped in Sydney during the big purge of 2008.

No doubt the short hood end of this is really the front, but this was the best "roster" shot I could come up with.

GTD

Date: 12/10/17 13:28
Re: CBNS Sunday - The Last Repaint
Author: CPR_4000

The nose looks like it's a metallic green. A reflection?

Date: 12/10/17 17:22

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The nose looks like it's a metallic green. A
> reflection?

I remember hearing something at the time about it being painted with automotive paint. I think I might have seen that shade before on a Dodge Dart. :-)

GTD

Date: 12/10/17 17:33
Author: tsokolan

Are those carbon black cars for the Michelin tire plant?

-Trevor

Date: 12/10/17 17:58

tsokolan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are those carbon black cars for the Michelin tire
> plant?

Yes. That particular one is from Sid Richardson carbon, and I've also seen them from Columbia Carbon Co. There are also some unmarked ones with just reporting marks (no large name or logo), so it appears that Michelin has several suppliers.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0799 seconds