Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Canadian Railroads > CP Geeps at East Edmonton

Date: 03/13/18 15:24
CP Geeps at East Edmonton
Author: feclark

Sunday morning, March 11, was spent up at Brettville Junction, for the most part. However, persistent horns kept sounding from the south, and I knew CP had to be making transfers between their Lambton Park and Clover Bar yards, and maybe the Imperial Strathcona Refinery. So I gambled, went south on 17th St., then turned in on Railway St. (grade crossing in the first shot; Baseline Road is overhead). I met Langleyrailfan, visiting town on a conference.
1. CP GP38-2 4419 and 4418 were in the process of pushing in a cut of tanks to the lead of the refinery. The dried weeds weren't helping. The line closest to the camera is CN's Camrose Sub, the next track is their siding, East Edmonton, then you have the connector between CP and CN, and finally the lead for CP into the refinery.
2. The power cut off, then backed onto the connector to allow the crew to walk up from the cut of cars. Bingo, no weeds, so I had to do the roster shot in this sunlight.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/18 15:24 by feclark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1575 seconds