Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Canadian Railroads > The scene early in the morning...

Date: 03/14/18 16:43
The scene early in the morning...
Author: Ray_Murphy

As Ken noted in his post below, we had a wet snowfall overnight in Montreal. It dumped at least 8”. With the temperature hovering around 0 deg C and with little wind, I could see that every branch and twig had a 1”-2” covering on it when it started getting light.

Therefore, I delayed going to work and instead took some pictures from the St-Jacques overpass in Ville St-Pierre (it wouldn’t have mattered much anyway, as there was considerable traffic congestion in the city because of the slippery wet snow).

First up, just as it was just getting light, VIA #22 arrived from Ottawa. Both 913 (on the point) and 918 (trailing) have the new VIA 40th anniversary variation of their wrap decoration (Pictures #1, 2).

About a half-hour later, VIA combined train #601-603 passed, with F40s 6424 and 6409 as power (Picture #3).

Unfortunately, no freights came by while I was on the bridge.

Ray

Date: 03/14/18 17:42
Re: The scene early in the morning...
Author: Mberry

Interesting, I see 22 decently often and have never seen it with more than one unit, at the head end or at the tail end.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0473 seconds