Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday: CP Newport, VT. September 1994

Date: 05/21/18 11:10
MLW Monday: CP Newport, VT. September 1994
Author: Press25

CP Train 917, Newport VT to Windsor, ON prepares to depart Newport Yard on a gray afternoon in late-September 1994.

Memory tells me that operations have changed and through trains were operating from Farnham PQ to Newport VT at this time instead of wayfreights from Newport and Farnham swapping trains in Richford as I has observed on a prior visit.

Today, this line is operated by the Central Maine & Quebec Railroad.

I shot the chase to the border at Richford on K64, which may have been a mistake. I’ll figure that out when I get to scanning the slides someday.

Scanned from a print.

Corrections welcome. I’m working from memory and I’m far from an expert on the Vermont Division.

Press 25

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/18 13:16 by Press25.

Date: 05/22/18 12:06
Re: MLW Monday: CP Newport, VT. September 1994
Author: briancdn

Interesting to see an RS-23 in Vermont. I don't think that occurred very often.

Brian N.

Date: 05/23/18 04:27
Re: MLW Monday: CP Newport, VT. September 1994
Author: toledopatch

When I visited that line several times in the early 1990s they were running 904/917 as road trains, with 904 eastbound into Newport in the morning and 917 westbound departing in the early evening. During the middle of the day they ran local turns to Richford and St Johnsbury (farther south as required). I don't know if CP ever ran relaying locals before they transferred the Farnham/Newport operation to Canadian-American and whatever its Vermont affiliate was called.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds