Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Canadian - Timekeeping is getting better

Date: 07/07/18 09:47
The Canadian - Timekeeping is getting better
Author: DrawingroomA

Of course this isn't what it should be, but the amount of lateness has been less on most trains over the past few weeks. Earlier this morning when I made the notes, of the four "Canadians" one was on time, two were just under four hours late and one was a little over seven hours late.  When the new schedules start on the 26th and 27th of July (13 hours added e/b and just over eight w/b) there could be a lot of time to kill.  Pease note I said "could" because we don't know what CN will do.

Date: 07/07/18 10:07
Re: The Canadian - Timekeeping is getting better
Author: stuporchief

Thanks for the report.

It would be great if the new schedule could be adhered to, once it is implemented later this month.

Date: 07/07/18 12:22
Author: railsmith

DrawingroomA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course this isn't what it should be, but the
> amount of lateness has been less on most trains
> over the past few weeks. Earlier this morning when
> I made the notes, of the four "Canadians" one was
> on time, two were just under four hours late and
> one was a little over seven hours late.  When the
> new schedules start on the 26th and 27th of July
> (13 hours added e/b and just over eight w/b) there
> could be a lot of time to kill.  Pease note I
> said "could" because we don't know what CN will
> do.

Of the eastbound trains in mid/late June (departures June 19-29), four of the five were within the extra 13 hours that will take effect July 27. In round numbers, the best was four and a half hours late, three were just under 10 hours late, and one was a full 24 hours late.

Westbound, the picture was not as good, especially in light of the extra time as of July 26 being just eight hours and change. Of the five trains (June 21-30), two were within the new allowance, the best being 3 hr, 47 min and another 6 hr, 44 min. But two were 13 to 14 hours late and the worst was 22.5 hours down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/18 12:22 by railsmith.

Date: 07/07/18 12:36
Author: RWS4449

We will be on the first westbound #1 on July 26th. When I have internet connections I'll post progress reports.

We have built in extra days in Vancouver in case we run real late.

We are looking forward to visiting with a friend who has a PV in Squamish and to see the museum.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/08/18 06:59
Author: andersonb109

Please keep us updated on your trip. While most of the delays are out west, the Ontario portion of the schedule is unchnaged and Winnipeg dwell time reduced which is a concern. Also less break time for passengers to visit The Forks and Fort Garry Hotel.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds