Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Canadian Railroads > Turcot Holding Spur open again

Date: 12/29/18 15:41
Turcot Holding Spur open again
Author: Mberry

CN's Turcot Holding Spur in Montreal reopened around the start of the month after being closed since August, due to infrastructure and track work nearby related to the demolition and replacement of the Turcot Interchange. Thanks to a friend listening in on the scanner and CN 310 delaying his run, I was able to catch the Pointe St-Charles switcher bringing a single boxcar to the Kruger plant.

1&2-Zoom and wide shots of GP9 CN 7233 and slug CN 227 heading towards the Kruger plant.

3-The train is crossing Monk Boulevard as two crewmembers flag this rarely used crossing (this line probably sees a train once or twice a week).

Michael Berry

Date: 12/29/18 15:43
Re: Turcot Holding Spur open again

4-The boxcar has to be shoved into the plant, so the car has been put in the siding and the power runs around it.

5-The boxcar is being shoved across Place Turcot Street.

6-The train is now inside the plant.

Date: 12/29/18 15:45

7-With no cars to lift, the power is heading back to the main line light.

8-After waiting for VIA 24 to pass on the south track of CN's Montreal Sub, the switcher has received permission to enter the main line and is heading east after crossing de Courcelle Street.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/18 15:45 by Mberry.

Date: 12/29/18 20:34
Author: Jimmies

Great series Michael.  I enjoy urban/industrial scenery, so I spent more time looking at the surroundings than I did at the locomotive.

Jim

Date: 12/29/18 22:24
Author: feclark

Great series! I love urban railroad settings, and your fourth shot is completely fabulous! That's why telephoto lenses were invented.
Fred

Date: 12/30/18 06:42
Author: M630

Always enjoy your Montreal and area photo coverage!

Date: 12/31/18 11:25
Author: inCHI

Agreed on the other comments, I like to see these kind of operations. And they certainly are hard to catch.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0577 seconds