Home Open Account Help 206 users online

Canadian Railroads > Is the Canadian Timekeeping Improving?

Date: 04/03/19 07:07
Is the Canadian Timekeeping Improving?
Author: Jimbo

Looking at Transitdocs today would indicate that timekeeping on the Canadian has improved recently.  1 (30) was almost on time out of Kamloops, 2 (2) could be only an hour or so down approaching Jasper, and 1 (2) was out of Toronto on time.  Hopefully this will continue.

https://asm.transitdocs.com/map

Date: 04/03/19 09:05
Re: Is the Canadian Timekeeping Improving?
Author: thehighwayman

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 04/03/19 15:38
Author: 4489

thehighwayman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!
>
>  

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 04/03/19 18:55
Author: Streamliner

thehighwayman Wrote:

Yeah, don’t feed me....er, I mean THEM!😊

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/19 18:55 by Streamliner.

Date: 04/03/19 19:05
Author: 4489

thehighwayman Wrote:
>
>  

Too late it appears.

Date: 04/04/19 08:40
Author: Streamliner

Thanks thatguyonthetrain for remembering.  It’s been right at a year now since my wife and I rode No. 2 and I must admit that my memories of the trip now tend to be more of the excellent food in the diner, as opposed to the hours parked next to a graffiti covered grain hopper or the nights when I felt sure the train would leave the rails.  However, I get a real kick out of “trolling” this forum and poking fun at those here who take these threads just SO seriously.  By the way, if you ever find yourself spending the night in Winnipeg, may I highly recommend Hy’s Steakhouse, within a short walk from the station.  Truly a five star watering hole, with wonderful steaks and fine libations.  Cheers!

Date: 04/06/19 05:01
Author: DrawingroomA

Of the three Canadian's presently running, two are early and one is two hours late.

Date: 04/06/19 08:06
Author: viatrainrider

YES!!!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/06/19 12:13
Author: DrawingroomA

The arrival in Toronto today was 11:27. That was even earlier than the "Moonlighters" train. That may be a record for early arrivals. Two hours 33 minutes early is the most I have ever seen.

Date: 04/06/19 13:41
Author: RollinB

I had a 52 year career in railroad operations and logged many miles on scheduled passenger trains as well as inspection trains with railroad owned passenger equipment.  I finally rode the Canadian on the Moonlighters trip this year, my first experience on any Canadian train.   It was the most enjoyable train trip I have ever taken.  The service and the equipment were outstanding.  The late arrival back into Vancouver was due mostly to a one car derailment west of Saskatoon which damaged and destroyed concrete ties and fasteners for about five miles.  The result of that delay was a daylight ride from Jasper to Kamloops, a big bonus.  The best part was not having to be tuned into the operation of the railroad, especially where capacity constraints caused significant delays

I am am already planning to make the round trip again next year.   Adherence to schedule is of no concern.  The Canadian is a train to be ridden for the experience, not for timely transportation.  On #1 there was only one sleeping car passenger not on board for the excursion.  He was a law school student who had emergency lung surgery in Toronto and could not fly.   All the rest of us were on for the train ride and will keep repeating so long as there is a Canadian to ride.  

RDB

Date: 04/06/19 14:18
Author: mundo

Thanks RDB, for a real positive post.

I will never have the money to ride, but enjoy the remarks.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds