Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Humberstone Sub

Date: 05/16/19 03:36
CN Humberstone Sub
Author: algoma11

The CN Humberstone sub runs from the Stamford sub at Yager Ontario to Port Colbourne. Theres a suggestion the only customer at the end of the line Vale Inco has purchased or leased the line, can anyone confirm that?
Also for the last 3-4 months the line has been renovated. Major brush clearing, tie replacement and ballast, as well as grade crossing signal maintenance.
Seems like a lot of work and money from a line that gets 1-2 tank cars once a week. Anyone know if something else is going to be happening with the line?????

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 05/17/19 18:09
Re: CN Humberstone Sub
Author: hepc46

Vale Inco has owned that line for quite a while. They are the only customer on the line, but unless they've increased traffic, they got maybe 2 cars a month, not a week. I ran on that line a little over 10yrs ago with thier locomotive on a winter track inspection.  I also patrolled that track many, many times.  It was a fantastic line, welded rail, and in immaculate condition. I highly doubt there's going to be anything else happening on the line, but I canfind out easy enough.

Ken

Date: 05/18/19 12:19
Re: CN Humberstone Sub
Author: algoma11

Any info would be great Ken. Like I said a lot of work and money for 1-2 tank cars a week.
There is talk of using the area south of Ramey's bend on the Welland Canal as a transload area to ease congestion at Hamilton, the Humberstone is 75-100 feet from that new area.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds