Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Canadian Railroads > train wreck Sunday !!

Date: 06/16/19 08:31
train wreck Sunday !!
Author: hoggerdoug

Well, we have MLW Monday, Thirty Thursday, Flare Friday, Switcher Saturday, how about Smash Up Sunday ??

Three images courtesy of Ron Tuff. August 5, 1978 a CN train crew had a bad day westbound at mile 37.6 Grimsby subdivision near Lake Ave, Stoney Creek ON. The train encountered a track switch that had been vandalized and causing a massive derailment of four locomotives and numerous rail cars. I have not been able to locate any information as to how the locomotive crew faired in this mess.
Doug

Date: 06/16/19 10:14
Re: train wreck Sunday !!
Author: CPR_4000

Plenty of firefighting foam ... that's not a good sign.

Date: 06/16/19 13:52
Author: stevelv

Doug.  I have done some pretty extensive searching and have come up with absolutely nothing about this accident.  The lack of information is leading me to believe there were no fatalities in this one.

Date: 06/16/19 19:46
Author: hoggerdoug

Same here, I've looked for info as well as asking other railfans that have images of this wreck. No reports on the engine crew, so hopefully we can assume they survived what must have been one heck of a ride.
Doug
stevelv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doug.  I have done some pretty extensive
> searching and have come up with absolutely nothing
> about this accident.  The lack of information is
> leading me to believe there were no fatalities in
> this one.

Date: 06/16/19 20:58
Author: thehighwayman

I will dig back through my files for photos of a 2003 CN derailment at Gamebridge, ON.
The derailment involved 49 cars, including several tank cars hauling sulphuric acid.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 06/17/19 06:09
Author: tomstp

Nasty looking.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds