Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Canadian Railroads > RMR Thursday

Date: 07/04/19 15:49
RMR Thursday
Author: Langleyrailfan

I have always wondered if a shot was possible here, but for various reasons have passed on this location in favour of nearby Yale on the CP Cascade Sub.  It looks so overgrown from the highway side, but with a little extra time to explore on this day I thought, let's give it a shot.
Sure enough there is a somewhat hidden little hikers trail off the highway and down below the railway bridge with access to the creek. The three shot progression shows RMRX 610 crossing Emory Creek bridge near MP 32 on the CP Cascade Sub, June 25, 2019, on its way to Kamloops for the night.
Image 1 RMRX 8014 leading RMRX 8018
Image 2 RMRX Gold Leaf service car 9525
Image 3 RMRX power generator car (one of two in the consist) 9489.

Cheers, Dave. 

Date: 07/04/19 19:49
Re: RMR Thursday
Author: sarailfan

It's a nice morning or gloomy day spot, but the time to get in and out isn't conducive to chasing. 20 years ago it was possible to shoot the CN from roughly where you were standing, but I suspect those possibilities are overgrown now.

Posted from Android

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 07/04/19 21:49
Author: jp1822

Does anyone know what RMR is using the old Red Leaf coaches in the consist for? I can understand using them as a crew car, but sometimes it's more than just one Red Leaf coach in a given consist (even after the split, or accounting for it, at Kamloops). As far as I know RMR still transport the luggage by truck, not by train, so they are not being used for baggage as far as I know (only Seattle to Vancouver I believe). Luggage awaits in your room at the hotel upon arrival, which is ver nice! RMR has used the Red Leaf coaches to covert to Silver Leaf, but there's still a number of Red Leaf coaches in the fleet that RMR eventually needs to deal with - keep, dispose, hold for potential conversion. They are truly going for the highest end revenue as possible. I know they were even considering converting some Red Leaf coaches to lounges, but I don't think that happened either. So curious...... 

Date: 07/04/19 22:26
Author: railsmith

jp1822 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know what RMR is using the old Red
> Leaf coaches in the consist for? I can understand
> using them as a crew car, but sometimes it's more
> than just one Red Leaf coach in a given consist
> (even after the split, or accounting for it, at
> Kamloops). As far as I know RMR still transport
> the luggage by truck, not by train, so they are
> not being used for baggage as far as I know (only
> Seattle to Vancouver I believe). Luggage awaits in
> your room at the hotel upon arrival, which is ver
> nice! RMR has used the Red Leaf coaches to covert
> to Silver Leaf, but there's still a number of Red
> Leaf coaches in the fleet that RMR eventually
> needs to deal with - keep, dispose, hold for
> potential conversion. They are truly going for the
> highest end revenue as possible. I know they were
> even considering converting some Red Leaf coaches
> to lounges, but I don't think that happened
> either. So curious...... 

Given that each Gold Leaf car can have a crew of seven, it seems reasonable that more than one Red Leaf would be needed for the staff taking a break.

Two Red Leafs are undergoing Silver Leaf conversion, for delivery next year (bringing the total to 18). That leaves 26 still in Red Leaf configuration.

Date: 07/04/19 22:43
Author: Langleyrailfan

Darren, funny you mention it as I was shooting the RMR a CN M301 was cruising along behind me on the other side of the river.  There are still a couple sucker holes in the trees. 
Dave

Date: 07/05/19 15:48
Author: feclark

Great to see a post from you, and nice work to exploit a limited opportunity!
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds