Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Canadian Railroads > Park car access on The Canadian

Date: 11/28/19 07:31
Park car access on The Canadian
Author: cbqbill

Black Friday sale is beginning today so I plan on booking a roomette for a trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg sometime before April 14.  What is the Park car policy for sleeping car passengers this year?  In January, 2019 there were no restrictions but I plan on traveling in April next year.  The Park car is important to me.

Date: 11/28/19 08:10
Re: Park car access on The Canadian
Author: jp1822

It used to be that the Park Car was available to all sleeper car passenger (unlimited access per say) during the off-peak season, roughly October to April. Since you are travelling in April and the Park Car is important to you, I'd be asking the VIA Rail agent when the peak season begins. Typically it's indicated on the schedule when the stub train between Edmonton to Vancouver is put back online (train 3 and 4). 

Date: 11/28/19 08:23
Author: WP17

Check the bottom of the following
https://www.viarail.ca/sites/all/files/media/lecanadien/AMENITIES_ENG.pdf?ga_pdf=compare-amenities

Indicates that offpeak season (unrestricted access) ends April 28,2020

HTH
WP17

Date: 11/28/19 21:12
Author: jp1822

WP17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check the bottom of the following
> https://www.viarail.ca/sites/all/files/media/lecan
> adien/AMENITIES_ENG.pdf?ga_pdf=compare-amenities
>
> Indicates that offpeak season (unrestricted
> access) ends April 28,2020
>
> HTH
> WP17

Great list and comparative of options for what is basically VIA's flagship long distance train. This clearly outlines and establishes a branding policy for each service class. Amtrak needs to take some lessons from this. 

Date: 11/29/19 03:22
Author: andersonb109

Amtrak could take many lessons from VIA Rail. Including how to prepare a decent meal. 

Date: 11/29/19 03:25
Author: andersonb109

One more note. I rode in peak season last year. I didn't miss the Park Car access that much. We had a sleeper only Skyline directly in front of the rear diner and another one in front of the lead diner. Both refurbished. While the ambiance wasn't as nice as the Park, visibility was fine...in fact better as there wasn't another dome a few cars ahead blocking the forward view. Hope you have a great trip. Report welcome here. 

Date: 11/29/19 11:04
Author: viatrainrider

Agree!! In my experience, both of the 2 above posts are right on correct.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0724 seconds