Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Canadian Railroads > More Bad News from CN


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 02/13/20 15:21
More Bad News from CN
Author: cn6218

Looks like they are pulling the plug in the "East".  They haven't really defined what that is, but since halifax is as "East" as it gets, it looks like there won't be anything running here.

https://www.cn.ca/en/news/2020/02/cn-initiating-progressive-and-orderly-shutdown-of-its-eastern-ca/

GTD



Date: 02/13/20 15:30
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: xcnsnake

It appears the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) are MIA with regard to enforcing the lawful injunctions that were obtained to end the illegal blockades... I was just at the grocery store and I saw their logo on the side of a milk carton.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/20 15:31 by xcnsnake.



Date: 02/13/20 15:51
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: Juniata

xcnsnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It appears the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) are
> MIA with regard to enforcing the lawful
> injunctions that were obtained to end the illegal
> blockades... I was just at the grocery store and I
> saw their logo on the side of a milk carton.

Thank you for this! I laughed out loud - literally!

Posted from iPhone



Date: 02/13/20 15:57
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: ghCBNS

Don't need another Ipperwash!

Posted from Android



Date: 02/13/20 20:42
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: thehighwayman

xcnsnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It appears the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) are
> MIA with regard to enforcing the lawful
> injunctions that were obtained to end the illegal
> blockades... I was just at the grocery store and I
> saw their logo on the side of a milk carton.

Yep, just like they were MIA a few years back in Caledonia, south of Hamilton.

BUT!!!!   In cases like this, the OPP / RCMP will not take action without direct approval from the lilly-livered folks we elect.

 

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON



Date: 02/14/20 03:34
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: algoma11

This native nonsense has to stop. I lived in Caledonia, it was not pretty. Solved the problem by moving to Owen Sound only to have our native friends advise they were taking over the Bruce peninsula, it was only a matter of time !

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON



Date: 02/14/20 04:14
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: hoggerdoug

Years ago in BC south of 100 Mile House there was a nasty standoff with the local First Nation. Eventually the Canadian Air Force was called upon to bomb the protesters. The large military bomber dropped work boots, hard hats and job application forms. The group of protesters scattered and never caused a problem again.
Doug



Date: 02/14/20 06:45
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: andersonb109

Can someone in Canada please explain why the federal or provincial governments allow this to happen.  What the protesters are doing is clearly illegal. Brief story.I have a friend in Arthur, ON north of London. A few years ago during the forest fires, many native Canadians (we called them Indians when I was in school) were temporally moved to communities out of danger. So all of a sudden my friend finds people trespassing on his property and stuff missing. When he confronted one of them, he was told it is their land, not his. Well I guess at one time it was. But it's not now. And my friend has the papers to prove it. He called the OPP and they said they couldn't do anything about it. So who's in charge up there anyway? Sounds like the inmates are running the asylums. 



Date: 02/14/20 06:50
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: Jimbo

Trains News Wire has a report today, including a call by a union to stop the blockades.  From the report:

Officials with Teamsters Canada, the country’s largest transportation labor union representing more than 16,000 railroaders, have urged government officials to end the blockades. The union says some railroaders could be laid off if the situation goes on much further. 

“These blockades are having a catastrophic impact on ordinary, working-class Canadians who have nothing to do with the Coastal Gaslink pipeline. Hundreds of our members have been out of work close to week. Now up to 6,000 of our members risk not being able to support their families or make ends meet this month, and they are powerless to do anything about it,” says Teamsters Canada President François Laporte.
  

Behind a pay wall:

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2020/02/14-as-via-cn-shut-down-union-joins-call-for-end-to-rail-blockages

 



Date: 02/14/20 07:08
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: BAB

Sounds like the timber protesters in WA and OR being allowed along with the eco protesters in there plastic boats and chairs blocking things.  About time that these people play by the same rules as everyone else.  The govenment needs to step up and make them play by the same rules as everyone else.

After reading the artical seems there is the wet noodle aproach seen down here at times.  Dont cut those chains off of those poor people even when its affecting peoples  income, dont stop protesters ( around Portland OR) to keep freeways and streets shut down, dont stop them from distroying peoples stores. The list goes on and then they are never punished but cops are if they dont handle protesters properly, you know those who throw bottles and spray cops with body fluids. Yup a taste of what goes on in some west coast cities while cops have to stand and watch. Sorry to hear about the problems north of our boarder. 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/20 07:19 by BAB.



Date: 02/14/20 07:20
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: thehighwayman

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone in Canada please explain why the
> federal or provincial governments allow this to
> happen.  What the protesters are doing is clearly
> illegal. Brief story.I have a friend in Arthur, ON
> north of London. A few years ago during the forest
> fires, many native Canadians (we called them
> Indians when I was in school) were temporally
> moved to communities out of danger. So all of a
> sudden my friend finds people trespassing on his
> property and stuff missing. When he confronted one
> of them, he was told it is their land, not his.
> Well I guess at one time it was. But it's not now.
> And my friend has the papers to prove it. He
> called the OPP and they said they couldn't do
> anything about it. So who's in charge up there
> anyway? Sounds like the inmates are running the
> asylums. 

Why won't the government do anything?  Simple answer is that our politicians are a bunch of cowards, led by the second-worst prime minister in Canadian history. The worst was his father!

 

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON



Date: 02/14/20 08:39
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: alco244

as i see it, its a railroad problem, as per reports from the Field BC accident, cp police have jurisdiction on rr property, if this is true, why waste tax dollars on this issue



Date: 02/14/20 08:49
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: JohnM

In the mid 80's I had a trip inerupted by a similar action, that's back int the BCR RDC days.  



Date: 02/14/20 11:02
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: ghCBNS

thehighwayman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why won't the government do anything?  Simple
> answer is that our politicians are a bunch of
> cowards, led by the second-worst prime minister in
> Canadian history. The worst was his father!

Did you listened to that Scheer (who tried to defeat Trudreau) at the news conference this morning? He'd probably have us in another Oka or Ipperwash this afternoon if he was PM!



Date: 02/14/20 11:19
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: algoma11

Can't argue with that comment Will, his old man and him are both a piece of work.

Justin's bucket list is to be UN Secretary General, that would give him one up on his old man.
As such he will never be caught pushing against any group that might damage those chances.
Sucks to be us- we elected him!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON



Date: 02/14/20 11:40
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: Lackawanna484

Any chance Mr Trudeau's party will throw him out?

Posted from Android



Date: 02/14/20 11:57
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: thehighwayman

ghCBNS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thehighwayman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why won't the government do anything?  Simple
> > answer is that our politicians are a bunch of
> > cowards, led by the second-worst prime minister
> in
> > Canadian history. The worst was his father!
>
> Did you listened to that Scheer (who tried to
> defeat Trudreau) at the news conference this
> morning? He'd probably have us in another Oka or
> Ipperwash this afternoon if he was PM!

I don't disagree ... Scheer was NOT worth voting for!!

W

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON



Date: 02/14/20 12:11
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: ghCBNS

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance Mr Trudeau's party will throw him out?
>

Why would they??



Date: 02/14/20 17:50
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: algoma11

It may take an OKA to send a message WILL ! 
I hear on the news today about poor old Dudley George being shot by police at Ipperwash. People forget he tried to run down an OPP officer  with a school bus ! 
Trudeau's party will stick with him like Republican's to a president!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/20 17:55 by algoma11.



Date: 02/14/20 20:48
Re: More Bad News from CN
Author: thehighwayman

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance Mr Trudeau's party will throw him out?

What are you smoking?

 

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0751 seconds