Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Canadian Railroads > Arriving on # 1 into Vancouver on February 13, 2020

Date: 02/15/20 19:24
Arriving on # 1 into Vancouver on February 13, 2020
Author: gaspeamtrak

Well we made it to Vancouver just in time ahead of the "blockades" !
I was thinking of coming home on #2  on Friday February 2 but instead flew home from Vancouver today on Air Canada today on a 787-8 dreamliner ...
It was very nice !!!

Date: 02/16/20 02:56
Re: Arriving on # 1 into Vancouver on February 13, 2020
Author: andersonb109

Care to do a trip report? I'm sure your experience was far better than what a certain person frequently reports here. 

Date: 02/16/20 05:35
Author: DrawingroomA

I  would also like to read at least a short review of your trip on the Canadian.

As for the Air Canada Dreamliner, I flew on one once in a "pod" thanks to Aeroplan points. It was a delight, but I had a quick look behind the curtain and what I saw was nothing like a dream - more of a nightmare. 

Date: 02/16/20 10:14
Author: P

My wife and I were on #1 of 2/9/20.  Were we on the same train?   We feel very lucky to have an uninterrupted trip on account of what's going on right now.  We rode from Toronto to Winnipeg and the trip was as good as you could imagine.  As stated in an earlier post, I may post a trip report, but since almost all of the photos are on my phone, that adds a bit of complexity to posting them here.  

We ran early on this trip and had extended station stops to step off the train and get a breath of cold air.  Unbelievable scenery.  If it weren't for its eventual trip through the Canadian Rockies, you would hear a lot more people rave about the scenery of the Northwoods of Ontario.  

Date: 02/17/20 10:58
Author: gaspeamtrak

Hello all.
I started writing a review of the trip last night and closed the page accidently and lost everything !!! :(:(:(
I will try sometime in this coming week to get it done...

Date: 02/17/20 18:05
Author: stuporchief

I completely agree about the somewhat subtle beautfy of the northwoods portion of The Canadian's route.

If you haven't read The Impossible Railway by Pierre Berton, I highly recommend it. The book tells the amazing story of the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway, and the description of building across the solid granite Canadian Shield in Ontario gives you a tremendous appreciate for that part of the country.

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wife and I were on #1 of 2/9/20.  Were we on
> the same train?   We feel very lucky to have an
> uninterrupted trip on account of what's going on
> right now.  We rode from Toronto to Winnipeg and
> the trip was as good as you could imagine.  As
> stated in an earlier post, I may post a trip
> report, but since almost all of the photos are on
> my phone, that adds a bit of complexity to posting
> them here.  
>
> We ran early on this trip and had extended station
> stops to step off the train and get a breath of
> cold air.  Unbelievable scenery.  If it weren't
> for its eventual trip through the Canadian
> Rockies, you would hear a lot more people rave
> about the scenery of the Northwoods of Ontario.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds