Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Canadian Railroads > Wainwright Wednesday - The Lake (Slough?) Before the Clouds Came

Date: 09/02/20 10:19
Wainwright Wednesday - The Lake (Slough?) Before the Clouds Came
Author: feclark

On Monday, I posted a B&W shot on the Wainwright sub at https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,5095345. This was Thursday, August 13, and the complaint was a big band of fast-moving cumulus clouds that got in the way of most of the day's trains. This was the early success; as we drove east from Edmonton, we passed on several WB that didn't set up well, and got ahead of the clouds. Train 114 has just come across Township Road 472, at MP 178, and is coming up to Range Road 121 at 0832. The GE trio comprises 2911, 3205, and 3044, rolling a short cut of tanks ahead of the stack train of only 234 axles [!] at 57 mph (more typical in this undulating terrain would be 45 mph or so). With the consistent rain we had through July, the water table was high, and so the "lakes" were full. These show up on Google Maps and Satellite images, dotting this glaciated landscape. This is pretty much the ideal time for morning light on EB, on the north side of the tracks. As a point of comparison, I'm looking in the direction of my photo vantage point from Monday's post, opposite side of the tracks, same basic body of water (although you wouldn't say CN is on a causeway). Thus Monday's photo has me facing my position in this one.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds