Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Canadian Railroads > Signal Sunday - On Borrowed Time

Date: 09/06/20 05:57
Signal Sunday - On Borrowed Time
Author: Blackfoot

Whenever I take a walk down to Howland Ave on CP's North Toronto Sub, I look at these signals and wonder how long it will be before they get replaced.  I have no idea when they were originally installed, but as of yesterday both the signals and the former SOO SD60 were doing just fine.

Cheers,
Dwayne

Date: 09/06/20 07:02
Re: Signal Sunday - On Borrowed Time
Author: 3rdswitch

That's a nice one.
JB

Date: 09/06/20 12:05
Author: feclark

Perfect composition, turning clutter into gorgeous framing elements, and the SD60 is icing on the cake.
Fred

Date: 09/06/20 14:05
Author: ns1000

Great pic!!

Date: 09/07/20 00:29
Author: coach

Honestly, I can understand why this type of signal bridge would be replaced.  Look at that thing---how do you get up there, then up to the top signal??!

Some bridges still look safe and functional, but this one seems to be lacking any ladders or walkways.

Date: 09/07/20 15:21
Author: PHall

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honestly, I can understand why this type of signal
> bridge would be replaced.  Look at that
> thing---how do you get up there, then up to the
> top signal??!
>
> Some bridges still look safe and functional, but
> this one seems to be lacking any ladders or
> walkways.

Look closer, there's a ladder that starts about 8 feet off the ground to keep the trespassers (and railfans) off.
There are steps on the sides of the signal masts for your hands and feet. Your pole climbing belt will keep you secure so you can use both hands to work on the signal heads.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds