Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Canadian Railroads > Train 407 in New Brunswick

Date: 11/22/20 11:54
Train 407 in New Brunswick
Author: cn6218

It's been a long time since I was on any kind of a road trip, but last week I got away for a few days to New Brunswick (still in the "Atlantic Bubble" with Nova Scotia).  I left Halifax Sunday at noon time, and two hours later, had caught up 407, the daily Dartmouth to Moncton manifest freight.  They had made the unusual move of picking up empty centrebeam cars from the Marwood spur in Brookfield, NS but had bypassed Truro, so only had 26 cars as they passed the location of the former siding in Aulac, NB.

On the west side of the Tantramar Marsh, as the train approached Sackville, NB, 407 was running beside the Tantramar River, which empties into the Bay of Fundy.  With the tide out at the time, the mud flats were exposed next to the railway line, which is built on top of dikes constructed centuries ago by Acadian settlers.

GTD

Date: 11/22/20 12:00
Re: Train 407 in New Brunswick

As the train neared Moncton at 15:02, I set up for one more shot, from the shoulder of the Trans Canada Highway at Painsec Jct.  Until the early 2000s this was double track with ABS signals, but was converted to CTC, with a long siding near the end of the train.  The Kent Building Supplies distribution center in the background is a relatively new customer.  The trackwork in the complex was constructed by Kent sister company, NB Southern Railway.

GTD

Date: 11/23/20 09:29
Author: gaspeamtrak

Nice ! The weather looks pretty good down there...

Date: 11/23/20 14:32

gaspeamtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice ! The weather looks pretty good down there...

There was snow by the time I got to Grand Falls a couple days later!

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1345 seconds