Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Canadian Railroads > CBNS at Linwood and New Glasgow

Date: 11/26/20 13:23
CBNS at Linwood and New Glasgow
Author: cn6218

I was planning to post these images earlier, but a computer failure prevented me from accessing the processed images for a couple weeks.

On a trip to the Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia Rwy on August 29, 2007 I followed road train 305 back to New Glasgow from Havre Boucher.  One of the first locations was the TCH overpass at Linwood (14:40), and the last was as the train arrived in New Glasgow, at 17:26.  The old office building was still standing of course, but the station had long since been leveled, with only the station sign left to mark its location.  Unlike the 1994 pictures, this was just single track by this time.  The switch to the siding where coal hoppers would be left would be in sight of the crew in the last photos.  But it appears that there was no coal this day, perhaps explaining why the train was being pulled with just three 4-motor diesels, GP40u GEXR 4022, GP38-2 LLPX 2269 and GP15-1 LLPX 1508.

GTD

Date: 11/26/20 20:09
Re: CBNS at Linwood and New Glasgow
Author: feclark

I love all three of these, but the second one, at New Glasgow, is stunning! What a great building, and beautifully cropped photo.
Fred

Date: 11/27/20 15:35
Re: CBNS at Linwood and New Glasgow
Author: ns1000

I also like Pic 2!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds